A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, September 22, 2016

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit All to the Lord


Photo credit: versetops.wordpress.com

Exposition

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established – It is to tell God of every situation and every plan before you go ahead. The works can be the things you want to do or things people do or say to you. It is to lay them open before Him. To commit is to transfer the responsibility for success to the Lord. To commit is to roll away every fear or distress to the Lord.
To commit is to be at rest in the Lord and to wait patiently for Him to come through. He always does and He will do for you.
To commit is not to stop you doing your daily duties. You’ll play your part and leave the Lord to play His. The added benefit is that you will receive strength for your daily duties.
He is the Way Maker. Leave Him to pave the way and you will then follow through. When you commit all to Him, you show the Master respect, you are declaring that He is Sovereign over your life. He has all the wisdom that you need. He has all the power too. Above all, He is faithful.

Prayer

I commit everything before you this day. There are things ahead of me that bring fear into my heart. There are things that I worry about, help me Lord. I also realise that there are things that I do not worry about because I have always taken care of them. I now realise this is wrong. I commit all these into your hands as well.
I ask for your strength to see me through daily from now on. Help me as I commit to come to you every day, every week, every month and every year.
Let your name be glorified in Jesus name. Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment