A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, September 30, 2016

Luke 16:13 - I Choose to Serve God


Photo credit: slideplayer.com

Exposition

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon – The two masters referred to are God Almighty, the creator of heaven and earth and mammon, an idol worshipped as the god of riches and worldly goods.

The two masters have different interests and affections hence the difficulty in serving both at the same time. Mammon is greed and gluttony. Those who are mastered by mammon serve it, chase after it, and go to any lengths to get it, worship it and believe in it.

On the other hand, God is love and He provides for His own. God is faithful and He wants His children to love Him with all their hearts, souls and bodies. He also wants us to love our neighbours as ourselves.

You’d see that the lover of mammon will despise those who love God Almighty because their goals are different.  Please note carefully that this does not equate to deciding not to work or earn money or to have nice things. The love of these things is what we are being warned against.

Prayer

I want to serve you with all my heart, knowing fully well that you will make a way for me. I am proud to identify that you are my Master, my King and my God. Help me to resist greed in every area of my life. Help me to work hard. Rather than serve money, money will serve me in Jesus name. Amen



  




No comments:

Post a Comment