A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, September 25, 2016

Luke 11:4 - Forgive Us Our Sins


Photo credit: www.jarofquotes.com

Exposition

And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us – We commit sin against God and the penalty of sin is death. Only God has the power to forgive and He has given up His Son - Jesus Christ for that purpose. God will forgive all who ask Him for forgiveness. It should be clear from this verse that you can’t continue to harbour evil thoughts and revenge against those who have offended you and still expect God to forgive you.

And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil – Let it be clear in your mind that God does not tempt people. As He is All Powerful, He has the power to save all who come to Him from the tempter who is satan. Without the help of God we are liable to fall into the calamities, traps or trials that the devil has programmed against us.

Prayer

You have promised that you will forgive me if I ask for forgiveness. Please forgive me of all my sins in Jesus name. Wash me clean from the stain of sin in Jesus name. I need help against the daily temptations that I encounter. Help me to walk under your banner so that the evil plans of the enemy are nullified in Jesus name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment