A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, September 16, 2016

Numbers 20:12 - Seeing and Entering into God's Promises


Photo credit:  slideplayer.com

Exposition

And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given themVerse 2 of this chapter tells us that the people of Israel gathered against Moses and Aaron because there was no water for them to drink. In verse 8, the Lord instructed Moses to speak to the rock and there would be water for the people to drink and give to their animals too.
Moses rather than speak struck the rock twice and water came out. Before striking the rock, he attributed the miracle the people were about to experience to himself and his brother.
We see how God reacted to the behaviour of Moses and his brother. Moses in anger had done what he did and said what he said. His God given assignment was to lead the people into the Promised Land. After 39 years or so on this assignment, He was told that the people would enter the land but he wouldn’t be the one leading them into it.
In Numbers 27:12, God told Moses to climb Mount Abarim and have a peep into the Promised Land. He saw the promise but he did not enter into the promise. This will not be your story in Jesus name.

Prayer

Help me to deal with every issue in my life that will stop me from entering into the promise of God. Help me to overcome all such issues speedily in Jesus name.
Nothing will separate me from the love of God in the mighty name of Jesus.
I will recognise the promise, I will see the promise and I will enter and enjoy every promise of God for me in Jesus name.









No comments:

Post a Comment