A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, September 29, 2016

Isaiah 38:18-19 - Let the Living Praise God


Photo credit: slideshare.net

Exposition

For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day – God told Prophet Isaiah to tell King Hezekiah who was sick that he was going to die. Immediately the Prophet left him, the King prayed to God in tears in verse 3 telling God why he should not die. In Verses 4 – 8 the prayer answering God immediately instructed the Prophet to go back to the King to inform him that He, (God) had added 15 years to the King’s age.
Today’s text is part of the response of the King when he received the good news that he had been given additional time here on earth. These two verses let us know that there is no physical activity after death. The things that are taken for granted here on earth can no longer be performed after death. One of these things is praising God which is a command from God. Psalm 148: 5 says let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being.
The King was saying if I was dead, I will no longer be able to praise you as I am doing today. He also said the dead have no more access to the promises of God. All the privileges of life are not available to the dead. Salvation is for the living and not for the dead.

the father to the children shall make known thy truth – Fathers who have knowledge and have experienced the goodness and the loving kindness should pass this on to future generations.
Today we see the business of prayer has to be taken seriously. We see the praise of God is commanded and obviously there is no physical activity after death. While alive, every effort should be put into fulfilling your purpose.

Prayer

Lord I acknowledge that the power of life and death is in your hands. Do not let me die before my appointed time. Help me to live a life of continuous praise to you in Jesus name. Make me fruitful, give me children and help me to teach them about your faithfulness. Help me to teach them to praise and worship you at all times. Thank you my King and my Maker. Thank you my Lord and my God. Blessed be your holy name. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment