A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, September 15, 2016

Genesis 18: 3 - Do Not Pass Me By

























Photo credit: biblepic.com

The first two verses tell us that God appeared to Abraham. He had appeared to him earlier in Chapter 17. The encounters of Abraham were for a reason. God wants intimacy and friendship with his children.

Exposition

And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant – An encounter with God will lead to a turnaround in the life of any man. Destinies are awakened and stagnation becomes a thing of the past. Read Isaiah 6: 1-8 and see a man come unto himself. He realised his spiritual state and at the same time got his matching orders. His life was never the same again.
Abraham recognised this and invited the Lord into his home. Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart. Jesus does not force himself on people. Jesus comes in and prepares a table before you in the presence of your enemies. He anoints your head with oil and your cup starts to run over. Open the door and the story of your life begins afresh. Jesus is able to meet every need.
The first requirement is to be born again. Do not delay.

Prayer

I accept the Lordship of Christ. Thank you for washing away my sins.
Come my way now O Lord. I am desperate for you. Come into my life, come into my home. Beautify me O Lord. Talk to me, let me hear from you. Let my life be renewed afresh, my Father and my King. Favour me my Father. Do not depart from me, for in your presence is fullness of joy and at your right hand, there are pleasures for evermore. Let it be so in my life in Jesus name.




No comments:

Post a Comment