A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Proverbs 16:2 - The True Judge


Photo credit:  www.slideshare.net

Exposition

All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes - Human beings believe they have no character flaws. There is a tendency to think I am right and the other person is wrong. This is self-righteousness. The man who is self-righteous is proud and always operates on a premise of “my way or no way”. We are taught that our self-righteousness is like filthy rags before God. God hates pride and pride stops man from seeking God.

but the LORD weigheth the spirits – The Almighty God is the One who is impartial. He looks beyond the outward action and sees the motives behind every action and He judges accordingly.

Prayer


By the grace of God, I close the door of my heart against every form of pride in Jesus name. I receive the righteousness that only Jesus Christ can confer on me with joy today. Father help me not to look down on any person for any reason in Jesus name. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment