A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, September 24, 2016

Luke 11:3 - Give Us Our Daily Bread


Photo credit: www.jarofquotes.com

Yesterday we prayed using the first verse of The Lord’s Prayer. The disciples of Jesus Christ came to Him asking that He taught them how to pray. We saw that we should always start prayer by giving glory to God.

Exposition

Give us – Asking God for bread acknowledges that you are dependent on Him. Saying us rather than me means you are also praying for the needy.
day by day - Asking God day by day shows you are learning patience and moderation. Asking God day by day shows continued dependence on God as children are dependent on their parents for all that they need. As God provides for those who ask Him day by day so should we be reminded that we have a responsibility to go out and provide for those who are dependent on us.
our daily bread – Bread includes everything that is needed to sustain you in life. Psalm 81:10 says open your mouth wide and I will fill it. You are free to ask your Father for anything and everything.

Prayer
I bless you my Father and my God. You are beautiful beyond description; you are too marvellous for words and too wonderful for comprehension
I come to you this day that you bless me, let me meet with favour in all my undertakings. Help me so I can provide for my family. I ask on behalf of the homeless and hungry, that you make way for them today in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment