A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, July 17, 2017

Proverbs 3:33 - Blessing of the Just



Photo credit: mybiblenotebook.com

Exposition

A curse is simply put an absence of blessing. The house of the wicked is the house where the fear of the Lord and the love of God do not exist. Malachi 2:2 says that what might even look like a blessing in the house of the wicked will actually turn out to be a curse. God has nothing but contempt for the wicked while He shows respect and love for His saints.

The habitation or house of the just is the house of one who has chosen to live in the faith that Jesus Christ died for his/her sins. There would be a love of Christ and a reverential fear of God in the house of a “just” man.
In the house of the “just”, the favour and protection of God are present. To put it simply, the “just” man experiences the “presence of God”. God is worshiped in spirit and in truth. In this house, everything that happens will work together for the good of the inhabitants.

A blessed family might not be as materially rich as a cursed household but they would have no reason to envy a cursed family. The choice before you is to decide whether you want to live before God as a blessed man or as a cursed man. The blessed man lives a life of faith in Christ Jesus and the cursed man rejects Jesus Christ.

Prayer

I choose a life of faith. I confess every sin that has led to my living a life separate from Jesus Christ. I repent of all my sins and I dedicate myself to Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me as I am. Thank you, Father, for I am relieved that I am no longer cursed in Jesus name. Thank you for every blessing that is coming my way. Amen


Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 9
Pentateuch - Genesis 9
History – Joshua 9
Poetry – Job 9
Wisdom – Proverbs 9
Prophets – Jeremiah 9
Gospels – Matthew 9
Epistles – Romans 9
End Times – Daniel 9

No comments:

Post a Comment