A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, July 23, 2017

Hebrews 7:25 - Jesus my Saviour



Photo credit: pictures.agodman.com

Exposition

No matter how guilty you are, Jesus Christ is able to save you.  Jesus Christ has saved you from your past sins and He also saves you daily from the power of sin over you. Therefore you are able to resist sin whenever sin tries to overpower you.
Please note that for Jesus Christ to save you, you have to come to Him. It is your responsibility to come to God through Jesus Christ as Hebrews 4:16 tells us.

The Lord Jesus Christ sits on the right-hand side of God as your High Priest advocating on your behalf, He also serves as your Defender and He mediates between you and God the Father at all times. Whenever Satan accuses you before God the Father, Jesus Christ objects by telling His Father, your sins have been “paid for”. Jesus Christ also lets the Father know that His righteousness is now your righteousness as well. The intercession of Christ knows no end. When you stop praying here on earth or no one is praying for you, always remember that Jesus Christ does not sleep or slumber, He does not stop interceding on your behalf.

Robert Murray McCheyne, a 19th-century minister of the gospel wrote, "If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet the distance makes no difference. He is praying for me!"
You should draw strength and courage because of what Jesus Christ is doing on your behalf at all times. You are a privileged child of God.

It would greatly benefit you to thank God at all times for what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross at Calvary and also what He is doing in Heaven at this moment and what He will continue to do in the future.

Prayer

I thank you, Jesus, for saving me from my sins. I thank you because sin has no power over me any longer. I appreciate you, my Lord, because you have declared me righteous and I am able to approach the throne of grace and mercy.
I am confident of victory because you are seated at the right hand of God interceding on my behalf. Glory and Honour to you in Jesus name. Amen

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 15
Pentateuch - Genesis 15
History – Joshua 15
Poetry – Job 15
Wisdom – Proverbs 15
Prophets – Jeremiah 15
Gospels – Matthew 15
Epistles – Romans 15

End Times – Revelation 3


No comments:

Post a Comment