A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, July 28, 2017

Hebrews 12:15 - Grace Not to Be Bitter



Photo credit: www.knowing-jesus.com

Exposition

Another translation of this verse says it is your responsibility to look diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God. You might notice that the verb (see or look) is in a present tense. This means God expects you to be watchful over all who are within your sphere of influence. You might think this task is physically impossible but with the help of the Holy Spirit, you can accomplish this task. Each man is expected to be on the watch both for himself and for others that no one misses out on the grace of God.

The man who falls short of the grace of God has rejected the grace and will be judged by the law of sin and death. We are being warned that coming short of the grace has serious consequences. If you have not received grace, you are not in a position to grant grace to anyone. You will always expect to mete out punishment for perceived wrong doing.

What are the causes of bitterness? Resentment towards God or people is one of the major causes of bitterness. Others are unresolved anger and unforgiveness. The root of bitterness will always bring forth the fruit of bitterness. If you learn to pray for your ‘enemies’ as instructed by Jesus, bitterness will not take root in your heart. 1 Peter 3:9 says you will inherit a blessing if you do so.

To be defiled is to be unclean or polluted or corrupted. Bitterness in a person that is not dealt with quickly will always pollute any atmosphere. Let us not give room to bitterness any longer. The carrier of a bitter heart is the one suffering and in pain. The person you are bitter about might not even be aware of your bitterness. The bitter person places himself beyond the hand of God. Be watchful so that your community is not polluted by anyone’s bitterness.

Prayer

Help me Lord so that I can live in your grace and by your grace. I ask for the help of the Holy Spirit so I am diligent in carrying out my oversight responsibilities in Jesus name. I must not fall out of your grace, same with those whom I am spiritually responsible for too in Jesus name.
I simply pray that bitterness will have no place in my heart and in my environment too. Help me so I can deal with bitter hearts if I encounter them in Jesus name.

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 20
Genesis 21-22
Joshua 20
Job 20
Proverbs 20
Jeremiah 20
Matthew 20

Revelation 8


No comments:

Post a Comment