A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, July 9, 2017

Deuteronomy 30:15 - Choose Life or Death


























Photo credit: oldquotes.com

Exposition
The preceding verses from Verse 11 show that God’s commandments are not difficult to obey neither are they far from us. Verse 14 says but the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart so that you can do it.
In fact, Moses had been announcing to the people both the blessings of obedience to the Almighty God and the attendant curses of disobedience. Today many focus on the blessings and disregard the curses. The society we live in is mostly based on getting what you can (the blessings) while you can without focusing on the process of the getting.

There are four possibilities, making a choice, deciding not making a choice, putting off making a choice and making the wrong choice.
Obviously, the call from the Almighty is to make a choice now.
You are also free to decide not to make a choice as it is your right. You say I am happy with my life as it is; I do not do this or that. Therefore I really do not need Jesus. Really!!! By not making a choice to choose life, the choice is clear.
You might also decide to put off making a choice until another day or another time. Do you know whether it will be too late or not? Who is confident that he or she will be alive tomorrow?

It is decision time, choose Jesus who says I am the way, the truth, and the life or do not choose Him, and by default choosing eternal separation from Him which equals evil and death.

Prayer
Help me to make the right choice. I know it is easier to sit on the fence. Help me Lord to choose Jesus and live. Please open the eyes of my heart to understand the implications of trying to go it alone. The alternative of spending eternity without Jesus Christ is not an option I want to pursue.
I accept that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour today. Help me daily not to turn back to my past. Thank you, Jesus.

Author’s Note
I have been away from writing this blog for 6 months. I am sorry for not giving notice. Indeed I succumbed to the circumstances around and took the easy path.
Thanks to all who contacted me wondering why there were no Prayer Pointers. It’s now time to march forward, with God’s help. Once again, I apologise. God bless you all.

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks1 (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)

Pentateuch - Genesis 1
History – Joshua 1
Poetry – Job 1
Wisdom – Proverbs 1
Prophets – Jeremiah 1
Gospels – Matthew 1
Epistles – Romans 1

End Times – Daniel 1


No comments:

Post a Comment