A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, July 27, 2017

Genesis 18:19 - Know Me, Lord

Photo credit: www.slideshareshare.net

Exposition

About Abraham - the Lord said I know him. Knowing a person means there is a relationship developed through spending time or being friendly with the person. Abraham’s relationship with God was based on mutual trust- no secrets. Are you aware that you can develop the same level of intimacy with your Father in heaven? That is what God wants from you. God wants to say, I know you. Set time to seek Him daily through reading the Bible and prayer. You can desire His guidance in every area, and with ease, the Holy Spirit will show you the way.

The person who has an intimate relationship with God will do all within his power to lead the family in the way of Christ. Joshua 24:15 says as for me and my household we shall serve the Lord. Some say religion is personal but you better believe that questions will be asked of you, did you teach your household the fear of God? Start encouraging service in the house of God, do not hesitate to use the parental authority bestowed upon you with Godly wisdom. God did not hide anything from Abraham because He knew he would pass them on to his household for their benefit. The same applies to you. I can assure you that there are things God wants to let you into. Be available.

By grace, you are in the same position that Abraham was with God. Abraham’s descendants could only claim the covenant blessings through obedience. The Almighty God has a covenant with you through Jesus Christ. Your accepting Him into your life opens the door to covenant blessings. Too many of us believe that as soon as we give our lives, the floodgates are opened.  You’ve got to walk the talk daily, the walk of righteousness and justice. It is well.

Prayer

I want to know you. I do not want head knowledge. I want to encounter you. Open my eyes to understand the power behind the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Let that same power start to work for me too. Let my faith in you grow. As I grow in faith, find me worthy to share secrets with me. Help me with my children. I do not want to exchange places with them. Help me to remain the parent and them, the children. Let every covenant blessing locate me now in Jesus mighty name. Amen.


Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 19

Genesis 19-20
Joshua 19
Job 19
Proverbs 19
Jeremiah 19
Matthew 19

Revelation 8


No comments:

Post a Comment