A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, July 22, 2017

2 Corinthians 9:8 - Blessed to Give



Photo credit: www.godswordimages.com

Exposition

Our text today relates to verses 6 & 7 of the same chapter. Every man should give willingly to the needs of the people around them.
In the world we live in today, individuality is becoming the order of the day. While many dig deep to help those who are in need there is a growing class of people who operate on the premise of me, myself and I.

Yes, I understand that every man is meant to provide for their own, the Bible reminds us in John 12: 8 that the poor will always be amongst us. That God blesses those who reach out at all times is not the point here; that the favour and love of God will be enjoyed by the giver is also not the point.

This scripture is letting you know that whoever is good to the poor and whoever gives liberally cannot lose out. That is to say, what you give cannot go down the drain. The receiver can’t repay you but God can and He will repay you with interest. What you sow will be rewarded with abundance in Jesus name.

God has the ability to increase your resources and He will increase your resources, such that you will never lack. As you dedicate yourself to a lifestyle of giving to the poor you will always have enough for yourself and your family and your giving will bring satisfaction and contentment to you. There is blessing attached to giving to the poor, so expect the blessing as you do so liberally in Jesus name.

Prayer

From now on let giving come naturally to me in Jesus name. Help me Lord, so that I will always be on the look out to help those who are in need. Help me, Lord, to give my time and money. Rather than accumulate things I do not have a need of, help me to give such stuff out with ease. Help me, Father, so that I become a good example to my children too. Help me Lord to teach my children to find joy in helping the poor.
As there are blessings attached to giving to the poor, I pray that the blessings will not pass me bye in Jesus name. Amen.

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 14
Pentateuch - Genesis 14
History – Joshua 14
Poetry – Job 14
Wisdom – Proverbs 14
Prophets – Jeremiah 14
Gospels – Matthew 14
Epistles – Romans 14

End Times – Revelation 2




No comments:

Post a Comment