A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, July 14, 2017

1 Kings 2: 3 - Route to Success



Photo credit: http://www.alittleperspective.com

Exposition

Our prayer text is part of David’s last words to his son, Solomon from 1 Kings 2:1-9.  Most people want to succeed in life and they try all they can, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Some do not even try because they take whatever life throws at them. Such people are told to believe, what will be, will be. The world has always defined success by its own terms and has prescribed to way to success.

David was described as a man after God’s heart and certainly showed that throughout his life. Thus he was in a position to let his son, Solomon know the secret of his own success.  Basically, David told his son that to prosper, obey God.
Joshua also told the people of Israel that as you enter into the Promised Land in Joshua 1: 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 

If you would take time today to think about the word of God says in Jeremiah 29:11 -For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. If you regard God has the Almighty, and you are convinced that His thoughts for you are all about you succeeding here on earth and making Heaven, then you will be better off doing as He wants you to do. He knows the route, for He is the route, follow Him like your life depends on Him and success is guaranteed. Any other way is a recipe for pain and failure.

Prayer

Help me, Father, to follow you, and you alone. Help me to dedicate time to study your word so I can know what is expected of me. Help me Lord to humble myself to listen to the teachings of the people whom you have set over me too. I want everything I do to prosper; I do not want trial and error any longer. Open the eyes of my heart to see that all I have been looking for all over the place is in you. Thank you, Father, in Jesus name. Amen

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 6
Pentateuch - Genesis 6
History – Joshua 6
Poetry – Job 6
Wisdom – Proverbs 6
Prophets – Jeremiah 6
Gospels – Matthew 6
Epistles – Romans 6

End Times – Daniel 6


No comments:

Post a Comment