A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, April 29, 2016

Matthew 12:36-37 - My Words Will Not Condemn Me





Photo credit: www.slideshare.net

Exposition

But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken – Did you notice that every man and women too will give an account for every word spoken? Words in the quiet of your room, in the classroom, on the playing fields, in the nightclubs, in Church etc
Some translations call the words empty or idle. Where words are of no benefit to the hearer, they are empty. Words that injure or are not profitable, you will give account. Gossip, hearsay and lies come to mind. Words out of malice and envy are included. Many join in slander just because they want to be a part of the conversation.
It is time to start taking care.

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned - Verse 34 of the same chapter says out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. What comes out of your mouth shows who you really are.
The words you speak have a major impact on your destiny too. Remember it is those who confess Jesus with their mouths that will be saved.
If you make a decision today that all you will ever speak will be for Christ, if you will show that Christ is in you by the words that you speak, and then the righteousness of Jesus Christ is placed on you, you are acquitted or justified as some translations say.
If on the other hand you decide that it is boring not to curse or you are one of those who speak against Jesus, on the day of judgement you will be condemned.
It is not all doom and gloom. There is a opportunity to confess and repent of all those words spoken in ignorance. Today is your day.

Prayer

I repent of every empty word that I have spoken. You promised that if I confess my sins, you will forgive me. Forgive me now in Jesus name I have prayed.
Lord, I ask that you put a clip on my mouth so that I will not use my mouth to bring condemnation upon myself.
Help me father to think well before I speak at all times in Jesus name. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment