A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, April 23, 2016

1 Timothy 6:6-8 - Godliness and Contentment


Photo credit: purposelivingwife.com

Exposition

But godliness – Living a godly life is off course borne out of relationship with God. You live in surrender to God and you honour Him in every action. Godliness is not switched off and on again. Make the right choice. Ask God to help you.

with contentment is great gain - Here contentment is a life free of whining or complaining. Contentment is being satisfied with what you have. Contentment is not to be mixed with laziness, neither is it a call not to be ambitious. The system of the world is a call to aggression in every area of life, stepping on people and not caring. The godly person works hard and depends on God to see him through. You can be that person. Remember that you are a joint heir with Christ. You have access to everything owned by your father.

For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out – As you came into the world, so you will go out of the world. Every acquisition stays here on earth. The ungodly lie, steal and kill in other to acquire wealth. Why join the race to nowhere when you know it is for nothing?

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content – Pray that your needs are met by the Provider such as Food, Clothes, Shelter and other necessities of life. Stress is now an acceptable word in every society. Eliminate this word from your dictionary today. Live a godly life.

Prayer
I want to live a godly life. I want every act to be a worship unto you my father. I need your help.
Help me to be contented. Open my eyes to the opportunities that are available for me. Help me to overcome the natural greed in man to acquire for the sake of it.
I am called to provide for my family. Help me to do so with ease as ordered by you in Jesus name.







No comments:

Post a Comment