A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, November 21, 2016

Deuteronomy 3:22 - The LORD will fight for you


Photo credit: www.versaday.com

Exposition

Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you – Moses was encouraging Joshua, his would be successor with a commandment, you shall not fear them. It would be wise to read the whole chapter so as to get a better hang of why Moses made this statement. Moses reminded Joshua how God had delivered kings and their kingdoms into the hands of the forces of Israel.

Be encouraged to look back at what God has done for you in the past. That same God is the same, yesterday, today and forever. God’s work is perfect too. He doesn’t do half measures. Whatever He starts, He always finishes. Sit back a little bit today and think back to how challenges suddenly became resolved without you lifting a finger. Remember how you suddenly mastered those difficult situations. It was God in action. He is faithful.

The enemy is an expert in dropping fear into the hearts of children of God but always remember that 2 Timothy 1: 7 tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind.

Moses told Joshua, the Lord your God; you can develop that level of relationship with Him too. Call on Him personally; thank Him for what He has done before, what he is doing now and what He will do in the future. Exodus 15: 3 tells us that The LORD is a man of war, the LORD is His name. He is the Commandment of the hosts of heaven and He has never lost a battle – one single battle. He will fight for you and you will hold your peace.

Prayer

I thank you LORD God Almighty for your faithfulness. I thank you for the things you have done for me, especially those that I am not aware of. I thank you for the battles and the accompanying victories. My LORD and my God, my family and I are in your hands. I hand over to you today every battle ahead of me, take charge as you have always done and let your name be glorified in Jesus mighty name. Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment