A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, November 8, 2016

2 Timothy 2:20 - Vessels of Honour


Photo credit: http://davisparkchurchmodesto.com

Exposition

Now in a large house there are not only gold or silver vessels but also vessels of wood and of earthenware - The verse starts with ‘but’ which suggests that it is linked to the earlier verses. Verse 19 says the foundation of the Church is secure based on our Lord Jesus Christ despite the attempts of many people to pollute the Church. Isn’t that right till this day?

The large house is the Church and members of the Church are the different types of vessels, gold, silver, wood and earthenware. It would not be correct to infer that some gifts or duties in Church are the ‘gold’ type of vessel while others are of the ‘wood’ variety because all services are equal before God. Tomorrow we’ll see the possibility of the ‘wood’ vessel being transformed into ‘gold’.

What should be clear is that, by the type of life you live and by the service that you give in God’s House, you can be a golden vessel.

and some to honour and some to dishonour Children of God are designed for honourable service. Children already have it in them to behave honourably thus bringing honour to their Father in heaven. As you bring honour to God, so will you receive honour and glory from Him. Those who bring shame and dishonour to God by their actions but within and outside the Church will be covered in contempt forever. You will not be a part of the latter group in Jesus name. Amen

Prayer
I thank you my Father for opening the doors of your house to me. As I am a joint heir with Christ I am now a part owner of the house too. What a privilege!
By your grace I will be a vessel of gold in Jesus name. I pray wherever I am, I will be a vessel of honour. As I lift your name up, many will be drawn into your House in Jesus name. I pray that every plan of the devil to cause me to act in a dishonourable manner will always fail in Jesus name. I will live a life of continuous victory in Jesus precious name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment