A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, November 7, 2016

2 Timothy 2:15 - Approved by God


Photo credit: www.creationswap.com
Exposition

Study to show yourself approved unto God – Apostle Paul writing to his spiritual son, Timothy was encouraging him to take the work of ministry very seriously. There is something to learn from this verse whether you have a role in Church or not. 1 Peter 2:9 calls you a chosen generation and a royal priesthood. Whether you are consecrated or ordained or not you are a priest to the Almighty Himself. You’d better start studying to show yourself approved by Him.

Many rather than wanting to please God seek to please men. Ministers sometimes think about how their messages will be taken by men rather saying what God has laid in their heart. Let your life goal be to please God. God Almighty show cased Jesus Christ. God said this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased. One of the ways you can please Him is consistent study of the word of God. A benefit of pleasing God is that you will enjoy Divine favour.
a workman that needs not to be ashamed – You should be proud of being a minster of the word of God. There is honour in the work and it requires effort. It should be obvious that you can’t do it without the grace of God. Ask Him to help you at all times and you will never have any reason to be ashamed.

rightly dividing the word of truth – is to follow the true doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ. To rightly divide is to do all you can to feed all in your sphere of influence the word that will bless them taking into account their level of spiritual maturity.

Prayer
Help me to understand that I am called to serve you. Help me to prioritise the study of your word so that I can improve myself. I know as I do so You will bless me because You will approve of me.
I must be proud of who I am in you. Shame must have no place in my thoughts in Jesus name. Let your name be glorified in Jesus name. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment