A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, November 5, 2016

2 Timothy 2:12 - Suffering and Reigning With Christ


Photo credit: jarofquotes.com
Exposition

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him – The very essence of Christianity is the Jesus Christ came to die and be resurrected by the power of the Almighty God. In doing so, He suffered. Matthew 20: 17-19 tells us He was betrayed, delivered to the gentiles, mocked, scourged and was crucified before He rose again.

There is no running away from suffering in the Christian life. Acts 14: 22b says and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. As we are united in Him by faith, we share in His suffering and by doing so, we share in His victory as well.

How do we suffer and what does suffering do? 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 says that we are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed. As we experience affliction and we overcome them, we are able to comfort those who suffer similar challenges.

We experience suffering also because we have left the camp of the devil and he wants to do everything to show he is powerful so we can go back into his pocket. After all he does not need to afflict his children. You should always remember that we more than conquerors through Chris that strengthens us.

if we deny him – Sometimes it is easier to deny that you are a Christian than to stand up for what you believe and in whom you believe. There is a lie being promoted that religion or faith is private. This is to encourage you to do as unbelievers do in public, forgetting that you are meant to be salt to the earth and light to the world.

We deny Him when we do not agree that He is the Son God making His death on the cross in vain. We deny Him when we cannot confess Him as our Lord and Saviour. We deny Him whenever our action is contrary to our how he wants us to behave.

he also will deny usMatthew 10:33 says but whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. This is not good news. This will not be your experience in Jesus name.

Prayer
Lord, I now understand what you went through in other to die in my place. Thank you for saving me from the pain of death. I ask that you grant me the grace to go through life as an over comer. Let all that happens to me become stepping stones to greater glory in Jesus name.
I know the world is watching me. Help me to stand up for what I believe at every juncture. Help me to do as I am meant to do at all times. Let me not be part of those you will deny before your Father in Heaven. Thank you Father in Jesus name. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment