A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, August 2, 2017

1 Peter 1:3-4 - Bless the Lord God Almighty


Exposition

Each person has a reason to worship or not worship God. True worship comes from the heart as gratitude and appreciation of who God is and the magnitude of what he has done or what he is about to do fill the heart. Peter leads us today not to ask God for anything but to think about certain things which will lead us to worship Him.

They are His great mercy, His work which led to our being born again, His raising Jesus Christ from the dead, His promise of an inheritance and His keeping the inheritance so that it never fades.

Why would I bless God? I bless God today because I am spiritually alive. I know that because I now love Jesus and I put my trust in Him. I am a recipient of the great mercy of God. I was lost and Jesus found me. He died in my place and took away my sins. My being born again has nothing to do with me. God deserves all the glory and honour. He deserves the praise.

The hope you and I have is a living hope. It is not dead. The world places their hope on cash, people, and the stock market for example. It is merely wishful thinking. Unfortunately, all this always crashes at one time or the other. No matter the situation you are in today, you are in a better place when your hope is anchored on the finished work of Jesus Christ. Nothing can separate you from the love of God. Jesus Christ is alive and He never fails. Romans 15:13 says now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. The best is yet to come.

The inheritance that Jesus Christ has left for His children who are joint heirs with Him is not an earthly one. That is why it can’t be fade away for it is in heaven. It can’t be destroyed neither is it perishable. It is beautiful and glorious. Nothing can be added to it or removed from it.

Bless the Almighty God this day for the gift of eternal life. Let your mouth be filled with praise.

Prayer

I bless the Lord this day with all my heart, my soul, and my body. Where would I be without Jesus? My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices today. Joy fills my heart because I know that by the grace of God, I have a place reserved for me in heaven. By the grace and mercies of God, nothing will stop me from praising God in Jesus name. Amen

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 25

Genesis 30-31
Judges 1
Job 25
Proverbs 25
Jeremiah 25
Matthew 25

Revelation 13


No comments:

Post a Comment