A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, February 6, 2010

John 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Prayer

This day, I cancel every association with the devil.
Father, there are certain things I still struggle with, help me to overcome them.
The lusts of the eyes, flesh, secret pride in my achievements, I am sometimes envious of other people, other people’s children compared to mine, I keep malice with people.
When I kill people with my mouth or my eyes, I now see I am associating with the devil. When I tell that little lie, I am doing what satan did in the garden of eden, he was punished, therefore I am only bringing punishment upon myself.
When I lie, I am only telling you I belong to the devil.
Thank you because your death on the cross has paid the supreme price for me.
Father with my new understanding I ask for forgiveness for all those things I have continued to do either in ignorance or of my own free will.
Help me to make the right choices, let my conscience prick me when I am about to do the wrong thing. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment