A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, May 27, 2016

Matthew 6:22-23 - Focus on Jesus



Photo credit: www.jeffrandleman.com

Exposition
Just as the sun brings light to the world so the eyes bring light to the man. This shows how important the eyes of a man are. We could be talking about the physical or the spiritual eyes. These two verses of scripture lets us know that there are two types of eyes, the good and the bad.

If your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light – a translation says if your eye is single meaning if your eye is focused, it will bring light. Single or focused towards Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Focused on the One who Himself is the light of the world. Focused on Him, desiring His love and direction, depending on Him and Him alone, then the result is light for living and impacting the darkness around you.
But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness – On the other hand, if your eye is bad, there is danger. If your eyes are distorted by greed or covetousness, living on an island of Me, Myself and I or not accepting that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, you are surrounded by darkness.

How easy is it for the good eye to suddenly become bad? Easy I suppose, if you do not pay attention to what you allow your eye to look at, it becomes blurred and then goes bad. Be careful and ask God to help you always. He looks after His own.

Prayer
Thank you Father for giving me eyes to see. Help me to protect my eyes from arrows from the evil one intended to lure me away from focusing on you.
Help me to do the things that will cause my eyes to be focused, including study of the word, prayer and not forsaking Church.
Let your light fill my life, let my body be filled with light all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment