A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, May 5, 2016

Exodus 16: 4 - Bread from Heaven


Photo credit: www.slideshare.net

Exposition
In the earlier verses of this chapter the children of Israel had murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness when they were hungry. Moses must have prayed/talked to God before God responded in our text.

Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you – Our father who reigns both in heaven and on earth is in the business of providing for His own. The bible is filled with His promises to provide for you. He taught us to ask Him – Give us this day our daily bread. Go ahead and ask the LORD not only to give you bread but to cause bread to rain all over you.

and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day – The provision is available. Ask your father to order your steps to where your bread is and you will never go hungry. Remember Psalm 37:23 says the steps of the righteous are ordered by God.  When you receive the instruction, make sure you obey.

that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no - – Sometimes the LORD wants to test/prove His children. Your obedience of His word indicates you are really His child. The Lord does not want you to fail. That is why He helps those who ask Him for help. Like He said of Jesus Christ – this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased. Let Him say that of you too.

Prayer
As you spoke to Moses, I ask that you speak to me.
Let me hear your voice continually in Jesus name. As I hear your voice, help me to obey you at all times. Ley your name be glorified.
I ask that you cause the bread of heaven to fall upon me.
Thank you father in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment