A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, May 23, 2016

Psalm 25:14 - The Secret of God


Photo credit: weheartit.com

Exposition

The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him - Another translation says The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. Friendship indicates relationship; it indicates intimacy with the Almighty. This tells us that there are some things that wisdom and knowledge or intellect will not make available to you.
What is the fear of God? The fear of God is an awe and a reverence for God. It is passion for God and the Things of God. It is a desire to know God more and a willingness to submit and to obey Him.
Those who fear God will understand the free grace of God, the favour of God and the special love that God has for His own. The truth of the Trinity is no longer an issue.

and he will shew them his covenant – The Lord will show those who fear Him, the covenant He entered into with Christ on our behalf. He shows He is our God, King and Father at the same time. Your place in the covenant is also revealed to you by the Holy Spirit and the blessings of the covenant are sealed for you in Jesus Christ. Go ahead and pray.

Prayer
Let there be reverential fear in my heart for you O Lord. I want to be your friend. Extend the secrets of the kingdom to me my God and my King. Help me father to do things the way you want them done.
The covenant with Christ must work for me. No blessing will pass me by in Jesus name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment