A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, May 19, 2016

John 7:37-39 - Thirsty for Jesus


Photo credit: wallpaper4god.com

Exposition

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink – Jesus is still calling today, Jesus is available to anyone, male or female in any condition, rich or poor.
The thirst is not a physical one but a spiritual thirst. It is a thirst for salvation, a thirst from freedom from the law of sin and death. For those you have already accepted Him, the thirst can be a greater need to know Him more, to get closer to Him and to live by Him.
Jesus is the fountain of water. He is the well for all who are thirsty, those who want peace, righteousness and joy in the Holy Ghost.

He that believeth on me – The condition for drinking is to acknowledge that Jesus is the Messiah that God sent to save the world from sin. It is to acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God. No more, no less.

as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water – The evidence of a person who has come to Jesus will be obvious to all around him. His faith in Jesus shall flow and touch his neighbours. Rivers indicate abundance of supply.
The water that flows out can be dead which means it is of no benefit. Living water cleanses, it leads to growth and fruitfulness.
Do you want to be that person? Connect to Jesus today or stay connected to Him and eat as much as you can. Borrowing the words from an advert many years ago, “Coke is it”, I say “Jesus is it”.

Prayer

Dear Jesus, I come to you this day, I am thirsty. I accept that you are the Son of God and you died for my sins.
Fill me anew this day. Let your life flow through me, touching all around me and those fall away too in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment