A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, May 14, 2016

Psalm 63:1 - You are my God


Photo credit: reflectionsintheword.org

Exposition

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah – King David probably wrote this psalm when he was on the run from his son, Absalom. The lesson here is that the situation should not determine whether you call on God or not. Wherever you are, no matter the situation, good or bad, you should desire to communicate with God all the time.  

O God, thou art my God – You are a child of God by grace through Jesus Christ. There are blessings and promises available through Christ. Embrace Christ and you have access to the father. Be bold, enjoy the benefits of sonship.

early will I seek thee – Seeking God early shows eagerness on the part of the one who prays. A good example to follow is Jesus Christ who many times rose up early to pray. All His prayers were answered as we found out. Yes you are to pray without ceasing but learning to commit your day into the hands of your God can only be beneficial to you.

my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is – Your quest for God is meant to be all consuming because God is the all in all. There is no situation that He can’t change. The presence of God or the hand of God on a particular matter is all that is needed. When your focus is solely on God without giving allowance for backup, God knows and always comes good.
He is in charge of the showers of blessing from heaven which will cause every desert situation to be disgraced in Jesus name. He is waiting for you.

Prayer
Help me to call on you no matter where I am.
I declare that you are my God.  I have no other God but you.
Help me father to seek you early. Help me with the required discipline that I need to meet with you.
Quench my thirst in every area of my life. Let your name be glorified in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment