A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, May 13, 2016

Romans 8: 28-29 - Conformed to the Image of Christ


Photo credit: slideplayer.com

Exposition

This verse is one of the most intriguing verses I have come across in the bible. When good things happen after a bad event, this verse comes to mind. For example you’ve lost your job and a better job comes up or you start a thriving business, you’d stand up to testify, all things….. A vehicle you were meant to be riding in has an accident, all things…. We can go on and on……
But can all things work together for good? Divorce, death, incurable disease, failure, work together for good?

A childhood friend has just lost a 20 year old son and there is pain all around. As I search my heart this scripture comes to mind. I find it difficult to write my normal prayer blog. I wonder, can the death of a young man have any good attached to it?
I conclude that this scripture is not telling us that untimely death or loss is good. The verse has to be read in conjunction with verse 29.
While we encounter the challenges of life and the miracles too, God is at work in those who love Him. God’s goal is for you to be conformed to the image of His Son despite whatever happens on your journey of life.
If you permit me to say, that God is “so Almighty” that nothing can happen to you without his consent or knowledge.

to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose – If you do not love God, if you are not called according to his purpose, there is a problem. Why? God’s purpose for you, God’s definition of good for you is that you are conformed to the image of Jesus Christ – His son. That is His plan, even before you were born!!!
Is God’s definition of good different from yours? Think about it and come around to accept what God wants for you.

Prayer
Help me father to love you, help me to respond positively to the call that is upon my life. Help me father not to give up on my calling when issues appear.
Thank you father because you are always working good in my life. You have promised you will not leave me nor forsake me in Jesus name. Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment