A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Psalm 63:2 - I want to see your Glory


Photo credit: biblepic.com

Exposition
King David wrote this Psalm while he was in the wilderness running away from his son. He must have longed to experience again the power and the glory of God. It could have been that he wanted to be able to come back to where the ark was based at the time or he wanted God’s glory to descend upon him in the wilderness.

To see thy power and thy glory – Encountering the power and the glory of God is a life changing experience. It is an experience that cannot be adequately described. Be assured your life can’t be the same if you see the glory of God. Moses asked God in Exodus 33:18 to show him the glory. God showed him the glory and spoke again to him given him instructions afterwards. He went back to the people and they couldn’t come near him because of the radiance that was around him.
Thousands of people saw God’s power on the day of Pentecost and in response asked, what can we do to be saved?  The glory and the power brings conviction.

so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary – You do not have to wait until you get to Church before asking for the glory of God. In the quiet of your room, you can ask for the glory of God to fill you anew and afresh. Spirit filled worship brings down the glory of God.
Hunger for the glory of God and your life will be transformed. Do not give up, until the glory rests upon you.

Prayer
Let me behold your glory. I need a divine encounter today. I ask that your glory rest upon me bringing light into my life. At the entrance of your light, let darkness disappear forever in Jesus mighty name.
I want to see you. I want you to talk to me. Help me father to increase the knowledge that I have of you.



                           


No comments:

Post a Comment