A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Psalm 90:12 - Teach Me To Number My Days



Photo credit: www.knowing-jesus.com

Exposition
We are reminded of our immortality whenever we become aware of the death of a known person. Death seems to come when it is least expected or to the most unexpected persons.
Untimely death seems to be the norm, the young are dying at their prime, the middle aged are not left out and the old seem to be leaving in a rapid procession. Every man will answer the question, how did you use your time? What should be the response of the wise remnant?

So teach us to number our days – The remainder of your days no matter how long they turn out to be should be spent seeking a closer relationship with God.

that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom – Diligence is important in all that we do. Wisdom is required in the application of time and resources. God who knows and sees the end from the beginning wants us to see with our spiritual eyes the end as well. We would then be able plan our life and live accordingly.

Prayer
Lord I ask for grace to live my life in surrender to you. Help me father to grow spiritually day by day.
I come in humility asking for instructions on how to spend the rest of my days. Help me to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Help me father to do as your word says. Thank you father in Jesus name. Amen









No comments:

Post a Comment