A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Job 22:22 - Receive the Word of God



Photo credit: www.jarofquotes.com

Exposition
If you have decided to submit to the government of our Lord Jesus Christ as the previous verse encouraged you, http://www.olatubi.com/2016/06/job-2221-knowing-god/, your next goal should be to:
Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth – a life of continuous interaction is the way to go. You receive from His mouth primarily by study of the Bible which the inspired word of God, from His Ministers and also by Him speaking directly to your heart. It is now your responsibility to bow your soul and receive in your heart what He says to you. You can start by adopting any of the Bible reading plans that are available to you today. It will benefit you greatly.

and lay up his words in thine heart – What you read in the Bible, you must also retain in your heart so that it can become a daily compass for you. You will increase in wisdom as Proverbs 3:18 says she is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retains her.

Prayer
Help me father to receive your word. Help me so I do not despise what I hear from your Ministers. Help me father to grow in wisdom as I receive your word daily in Jesus name. Importantly I pray that what I receive I will retain and the cares of the world will not swallow your word in my life in Jesus name. Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment