A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, June 10, 2016

Job 22:24 - Return to God



Photo credit: www.jarofquotes.com

Exposition

Then shalt thou layup gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
Job was a very rich man before the devil attacked him causing him to lose children and his wealth. Just as he was encouraged by his friend to return to God and enjoy the benefits of a new relationship with God, so you are too.
You might be a wealthy man, or you have lost a lot in the past, or you are just fine or you have never been wealthy, barely making ends meet, the call is the same. You will have all that you need to live a peaceable life. Job 2:26 says you will eat and be satisfied. Psalm 68:19 tells us God daily loads us with benefits. The key word is a daily loading with benefits,
The point of living is not in the riches but in seeking God.
You are enjoined today as Matthew 6:33 says seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

Prayer

Help me father to return to you in every way. Let my focus be on you. As I live under your banner, I know poverty and lack will be far from my household in Jesus name. Let me have enough so I can be a blessing to others in Jesus name.






No comments:

Post a Comment