A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1 John 2:8-11

Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Prayer

By your grace the darkness in my life is past and your true light is shining on me.
Teach me to emulate you. Help me to stay in your light.

I must always remember that you have loved me without any preconditions, therefore help me to love my neighbour no matter the situation.

Your light must shine in me. I do not want to have anything to do with the devil by hating my brother. I refuse to walk in darkness as I ask again for the light of God to overwhelm me.

Thank you father in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment