A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, December 31, 2016

Psalm 103:2 - I Praise You, God


Photo credit: www.spiritradio.ie

Exposition

Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me – Another translation of this verse says bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits. David wrote this Psalm after going through a very tough time. He nearly died but God in His infinite mercies saw him through.

The year is about to come to an end depending on which part of the world you are based and you made it to the end. Please take a while to reflect on what happened in the past year. You flew from place to place or drove, you arrived safely but some did not. You are aware of the death of many, young and old, but you are alive today. You survived the sicknesses and diseases that you heard killed other people. Many lost homes or investments but you have a roof over your head. Many struggled to feed, but you are healthy by the grace of God. Your marriage or home is intact despite the plan of the devil. Your children have made progress, you received promotion in many areas while many were losing their jobs or going bankrupt.

Please read through the whole chapter (Psalm 103) as it would help you in remembering things that you might have forgotten. David called on his soul to bless God. That is to say, all that you are, your soul, spirit and body should burst into song as you praise God for all that He did for you in the year that is coming to an end.

Prayer
My Father and my God, the Almighty God, my protector, my protection, my strong tower and my deliverer, I thank You for seeing me through the year. With my whole being, I appreciate and honour You for the loving kindness that You extended to me and my family. You provided for me and I was able to meet my obligations. Shame did not enter into my household, glory and honour to Your holy name.
I come to You with my hands lifted up and my heart filled with praise. I come with thanksgiving. I bless You, my King.
The New Year is in Your capable hands. I know You have already gone ahead and You will see me through in Jesus name. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment