A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, December 5, 2016

Ezekiel 22:30 - Time to Intercede


Photo credit: http://www.tclministries.org

Exposition

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none – In the times of Prophet Ezekiel, the people did not care about God and His laws. They did as they pleased; murder, idolatry, disobedience, adultery name it and it was the order of the day. The people who should have known better did not do anything about it.

That was then, what is the situation now? The devil is still wreaking havoc because that is what he is about but our Lord Jesus Christ has come to give abundant life.
Sin brings separation between us and God. This is the hedge being mentioned in our text today. When the hedge of protection roundabout the children of God is broken, anything can happen. By our poor choices the door is open to the enemy to do as he pleases.

In these times, there is a need for intercessory prayer. The nations need men and women to rise up in battle against the wiles of the enemy. Cities need prayer, families need someone to make a stand that enough is enough. In Bible times Abraham interceded on behalf of Sodom, we remember that Moses did the same for the people of Israel. This is your chance to write your name in history.
It is always good to repent on behalf of the community as well. The Lord does not want sinners to die in their sin neither does He want nations to be destroyed as well.

It is time to put your hand up and fight rather than continue to allow the enemy to run roughshod over the people and the nation. The easy option is to retreat into your little shell and continue to pray for your personal needs which seem unending all the time. Remember that when it is well in your family or Church or community or nation, it is well with you. Let the battle times be drawn.

Prayer

Let the spirit of prayer rest upon me. Help me Father as I step up to take my place in prayer. Help me Lord so I never give up on my nation. I pray for my nation today, let your mercy reign over us. Let the grip of the enemy be broken in Jesus name. Let the power of sin be bound in Jesus name. Breathe upon our nation. Let revival break out in the cities, let revival break out in the countryside too. Let your name be glorified in Jesus name. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment