A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, December 1, 2016

Psalm 6:8-9 - God Hears Prayer


Exposition

Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD accepts my prayer - Reading this Psalm from the beginning before our text tells us that the writer must have been in great physical pain. He also believed that his suffering was a result of God’s displeasure with him. Despite his thinking that his situation was a result of punishment by God, he still turned to God for the solution.

You will always have a choice of who to turn to when the inevitable challenges arrive at your doorstep. It is your responsibility to make the right choice. In affliction the writer turned to God as his helper in the time of distress. God is our ever present help in times of trouble. When we are wounded, He cures, when we are down, He is the lifter up of our head. Looking elsewhere is a waste of time as no one has the capacity to solve problems completely except the Almighty God because with Him all things are possible.

The writer groaned and he cried. You should understand that you can go to God without hiding your feelings. It is alright to cry to your Maker. He promises to turn sorrow into joy. Be certain that Jesus Christ is interceding on your behalf and God will not turn away from His Son.

Be convinced that God hears your petitions and He sees what you are going through. The bible says the fervent prayer of the righteous avails much – makes a difference and your prayers will always be heard in Jesus name. The Holy Spirit in you will always help you pray in a manner that will cause God to answer speedily. Isaiah 65:24 says, and it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Hold on to this promise. It is well with you in Jesus name.

Prayer

Jehovah, I call on you this day, heal my hurts. So many things bring tears to my eyes, let my tears have a voice, wipe away my tears and let your name be glorified. I know my righteousness is as filthy rags before you, let the righteousness of Christ wash me clean today and always in Jesus name.
You have said while I am yet speaking, you will hear me. Let it be so in Jesus mighty name. Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment