A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Isaiah 56:7 - House of Prayer


Photo credit: https://jesuscalls.com

Exposition

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all peopleVerse 6 of this chapter tells us that the Lord will bring sons of strangers into His holy mountain. That is an indication to you and I that we must live the gospel. It is our business to present the gospel to all we come into contact with and they should be invited to Church.

Taking a cue from this verse, you should encourage them that there are blessings awaiting them when they come to Church. Let them know that their coming to Church is not an accident as the Lord Himself is involved in their coming.

A benefit of going to Church and enjoying God’s presence is that all who come in, no matter the challenges will be made joyful as Psalm 16:11 says in the presence of God there is fullness of joy and at His right hand, there are pressures forevermore.
You’d see that offerings and sacrifices to the Almighty God are accepted on the altar. What a privilege!!

The Church building has been consecrated to God as a place of worship; that is why it is known as His House and it is holy. The Church is a place where prayer is offered unto the Almighty. He has been answering the prayers of His children and He still does.

There is an urgent need for prayer in the nations. We are in the last days and satan continues to war against the children of God trying to take as many with him to hell which has been prepared for him. The doors of the Church are open, let us join hands and hearts together for the kingdom of God to come indeed.

You can also decide to make your home a house of prayer. I can assure you that God will be well pleased. Remember that as you do the Master’s will, you have the assurance of answered prayer. 1 John 5:14-15 says - And this is the confidence that we have in him that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Prayer

I ask for boldness to be able to share the gospel. I ask for boldness to stand up to be identified as a Christian. I reject every form of fear in Jesus name. Help me Lord to invite neighbours to Church. Let my offering and my sacrifices be acceptable to you in Jesus name.
I would like my home to become a house of prayer. Pour the spirit of prayer upon me. Help me Father to develop my relationship with you, such that I won’t do anything without consulting you. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment