A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, December 25, 2016

Matthew 1: 21 - Jesus the Saviour



Photo credit: slideplayer.com

Exposition

And she will bring forth a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins – Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came from heaven to save the world from sin. What Jesus did then, He still does now. He saves from the guilt of sin, cleansing in His blood. The one who is saved can no longer be dominated by sin because such a person now has in his heart the Holy Spirit. The saved man no longer pays the wages of sin which is death but receives the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus.

Many years ago, I used to think I did not need Jesus Christ. I believed I was okay because I was not a bad person, a young man with absolutely no problems. My life was easy; I did not go out of my way to hurt anybody. I enjoyed spending time drinking alcohol, sometimes excessively but it didn’t hurt anybody, so what’s anybody’s problem? I passed exams I had no business passing and a dear friend encouraged me to go give thanks in Church, I did not think that it was a big deal. After a while, I yielded and I said thank you to God.

Some time later I was invited to Church and I started attending regularly, even going for mid-week Bible Study. I rejected every altar call because I did not think accepting Christ was needed as I was a good guy. On Easter Sunday in 1993, the same message that I had heard over and over again was preached. There was an urgency that had me running to the altar forgetting every ounce of pride on my seat. My life of sin became real before my eyes. The Holy Spirit arrested me. I discovered real happiness, not the one fuelled by who I thought I was.

Here I am encouraging you today as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour. Let Him come into your life so you’ll receive the benefits I have been enjoying all this while. Jesus is sweet, challenges are part of the package, I assure you, and you will overcome every single one of them. Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

Prayer

Thank you for giving up your Son because of your love for the world.
Lord, He came for no other reason but to save.
Jesus came for His people; I am now part of “His people”. I thank you, Father.
Thank you for saving me from sin in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment