A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Psalm 51:10 - A New Heart



Photo credit: www.smileforsophie.com

Exposition
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me – David had acknowledged his sin and with a repentant heart, he asked that he be cleansed because his sin had soiled his heart. The Almighty who created man is the only One who can exchange the dirty heart and replace it with a clean one. The cleansing agent is the blood of Jesus Christ which He shed on the cross for the sins of the world.

David asked for a right spirit which would be firm and would not yield to temptation. He wanted to go back to where he was before he sinned. This was fine, but I encourage you to ask for a clean heart for another reason today.

The person that wants to yield to God’s request for intercessors requires a clean heart. Intercession requires giving yourself up for God. It is a complete denial of self. It is total surrender to God. Your prayer for a clean heart is because you want the Holy Spirit to take over your life.

You can ask that anything that will impede your prayer life be removed by your Maker. Ask God to help you deal with any issues that can stop you praying for anyone. The intercessor is humble; ask God to take away completely every form of pride because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Many of us struggle with unforgiveness and this becomes an impediment to prayer. Some go to the extent of saying I can forgive but I will not forget so as not to be hurt again. The person on God’s assignment will be ready to pray for anyone as directed by the Holy Spirit.

You can do it. Make that decision today.

Prayer
Let there be an exchange today. Give me a new heart that will be yielded to you completely in Jesus name. I give my consent for spiritual surgery. Let there be complete separation between me and everything that will not allow me to serve you in prayer. Release an abundance of grace over me now in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment