A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, January 1, 2017

Psalm 118:24 - The Day Made by God


Photo credit: http://www.fellowshipsite.org

Exposition
This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it – The Psalmist simply lets us know that seeing a new day or in this instance, a New Year is not of our making. There is no skill or intellect involved in being alive to see a New Year. Many must have made plans for this day, but sadly it is not so. We are alive because of the grace and the mercy of God.

That is why our response to the benevolence of God is rejoicing and gladness. It is a day of joy and rest. It is also a day that a decision can be made to decide to follow Jesus for the rest of your life after realising that without Him the situation would be different.

Prayer
Thank you, Father, for allowing me to see another year. By your grace I am alive and I am we. Going forward, I ask that You help me in my desire to renew my relationship with You. Lord, my tomorrow is in your hands, let this New Year be the best year ever in my life. Protect me from all evil in Jesus name. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment