A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Psalm 37: 23 - Order My Steps O Lord


Photo credit: www.inspire21.com

Exposition

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way – A baby’s first steps are always a joy to behold by the family. Parents sometimes have to hold a toddler’s hands to support and balance before those first steps are made. Eventually, the baby walks unaided by anyone.

As parents hold the hands of little children, so also God holds the hands of His children as they navigate their way through life. Unlike parents who no longer need to hold the hand of a child, God wants to hold our hands forever if He is allowed to.

You’ll understand that God is Almighty and He knows the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. God has a plan for you, so it makes sense to follow the Master Planner. Just as you know the potential in your children, so the Lord knows your potential too. You support your children in every possible way, so the Lord wants to support you too. He orders our steps through His word – the Bible and He speaks to us directly too. Isaiah 30:21 says whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, this is the way; walk in it.

It is beneficial if you allow God to order your steps for He is delighted when you obey Him. Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”.  Psalm 1:6 tells us that for the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.  If you have been doing your thing and snatched away your hand from the Master’s hands, retrace your steps to where you left Him, the Almighty is waiting for you.

Prayer

Help me Father to study your word. As You speak to me help me to be sensitive.  I want to be an obedient child. I ask that You go the extra mile to keep me in check for my own good. I pray I will be a delight to You all the days of my life in Jesus name.  May I never follow the path of destruction in Jesus name. Amen

Bible Reading in a Year

New Testament - Matthew 4:1-22
Psalms & Proverbs - Proverbs 1:1-7







No comments:

Post a Comment