A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, October 20, 2016

Proverbs 8:21 - I Will Love You, Father



Photo credit: jarofquotes.com

Exposition

That I may cause those that love me – Loving God is the source of every blessing you will need. This includes both spiritual and physical blessing. Jesus said that the most important commandment is loving God with all your heart, soul and mind. If this is important, how do you love God? Jesus said the evidence of loving Him is obedience to Him. You might say this is difficult, but Romans 5: 5b says God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. The benefits of loving God are too many to let go off.  See what 1 Corinthians 2: 9 tells you. That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him’’. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you.

to inherit - You are in position to inherit substance because you are part of God’s family.  Romans 8: 17 confirms that - And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Everything that is available to Jesus Christ is available to you. You are encouraged today to love Jesus Christ.

substance; and I will fill their treasures – Substance is something that is firm and consistent. All the riches here on earth will pass away. Considering that time spent on earth is nothing compared to the endless time that will be spent in heaven or hell, the focus certainly should be of the substance that won’t pass away.

The ‘’Substance’’ Jesus is salvation. Decide to make heaven with distinction. Jesus Christ is solid, certain, durable and permanent. The substance that you receive in Jesus is grace. Grace enables who to operate at a level that will cause people to wonder what you are about.

Prayer

Help me to love you with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my body. Help me to obey you at all times. I want to have all that I will need while here on earth. Thank you for I am a joint heir with Christ of all that is owned by our Father. Fill my treasures and let your name be glorified in Jesus name. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment