A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, October 6, 2016

Luke 6: 36 - Be Merciful


Photo credit: versaday.com

Exposition

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful – Jesus is saying that His children should imitate Him. As He is merciful towards us His children so should we be merciful towards all others. Lamentations 3: 22 says that It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Imagine what would happen to you without God’s mercy towards you. You should make a list and be thankful!!

As God gives support or as God commiserates with all who need it so should we as children of God do all within our power to remove misery in the life of all who are in distress.

To show mercy is to be tender hearted or kind or to show love to everyone. To be merciful, past injuries will have to be overlooked just as God says in Hebrews 8:12 that He will forgive their iniquities and remember their sins no more.

To be merciful is to pardon people even though they have not asked to be pardoned. It is also to not allow repeated acts of ingratitude to stop you from doing good or right to those who do not say thank you, including those who are not part of God’s family.

In the world today not to remember past insults seems hard, which is why there is need to pray for grace to do so today.

Prayer

I thank you for all the mercies you have ever shown to me and all you will continue to show to me and my family. I struggle in many areas and you still show me mercy. Your word says that I should be perfect as you are perfect. As your child, I want to be like you. Help me to walk daily like you want me to walk. Let every heart of stone become a heart of flesh.
Help me to overlook all that I should overlook. Help me to be good despite what anybody says or does. Let your limitless grace flood all over me now and forever more in Jesus name. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment