A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, October 20, 2016

Exodus 17:11 - Help in Prayer


Photo credit: http://bibleencyclopedia.com/

Exposition

And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed – Joshua and his men were fighting the Amalekites while Moses and his lieutenants were positioned on top of a hill. Moses lifting up his hand in a praying position shows the importance of prayer in the life of every child of God.

Prayer has always changed things because God responds to the cries of His children. He is our present help in times of trouble. To overcome enemies, more importantly unseen ones, you need God and the hosts of heaven on your side.

Just as Moses became tired and let down his hand, sometimes men become tired and stop praying thereby playing into the hands of the enemies. Prayer requires determination not to give up until the situation changes for good. Jacob in Genesis 32:25 said to the man who he wrestled with, I will not let you go unless you bless me.

We should also remember that when we rely on God, we are able to do all things including prayer. 2 Corinthians 10: 4 tells us that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God. Continue to pray and at all times you will prevail in Jesus name.

Prayer

Help me to recognise the need for prayers at all times. Thank you Father for I can approach you in prayer at any time. I ask for help in battling every enemy of my progress in life. As I arise in prayer let every enemy be scattered in Jesus name. I ask that you release the hosts of heaven to fight on my side. Let me sing a song of victory every day of my life in Jesus name. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment