A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Luke 5: 5-6 - Master I Hear You


Photo credit: slideplayer.com

Exposition

Simon answered, Master – There is no evidence to say that Simon had heard of Jesus yet he responded to Jesus Christ by calling Him, Master. He recognised the authority of Jesus Christ. You have probably heard of Jesus Christ, or you have experienced His power or you have read about Him. Friend, He is still the Master for He is irreplaceable. He is Almighty. He created the heavens and the earth and everything in it. Take your reading this note today as a call from Jesus Christ. He is knocking on the door of your heart and all you have to do is the heed the call and I can assure you, that your life will be changed for the better.

we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything – Simon was the expert fisherman and He assumed Jesus had no clue about his seeming predicament. Simon and his colleagues were a hard working bunch like many today but with little to show for it. Proverbs 13: 5 says good understanding giveth favour, but the way of transgressors is hard. A life of obedience leads to favour from heaven but a life of disobedience which is sin leads to a hard life putting it mildly.

But because you say so, I will let down the nets. When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break – Peter went on to obey the command despite his feeling that the possibilities were slim. The result of obedience in this instance was the power of God attracting fish from wherever they were and positioning them into Simon’s nets. If every man could obey Jesus in all situations, the result would be a life of blessing just like Simon encountered. Jesus does not disappoint. Have confidence in Him, obey Him and you’d get every blessing that is available to man from heaven.

Prayer
You are my Father and my Lord. I honour you my Master. Thank you for calling out to me. Help me to continue hearing your voice. I fall in line asking that you lead me day by day. Let me live to enjoy every blessing of obedience in Jesus name. Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment