A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Luke 5: 16 – Withdraw to Pray


Photo credit: www.jarofquotes.com

Exposition

And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed – Jesus Christ preached, taught and healed. He did this every day of His ministry on earth. As He did all this, more and more people came to Him. He needed rest from fatigue and He needed time to pray.
We are busy people, what with 24 hour economies, the internet, social media and a bunch of stuff, there is something to learn from our Lord, Jesus Christ. That is setting time to nurture our relationship with God. It is at such times that we praise and worship Him. It is at such times that we take our cares to Him, it is at such times that we have an opportunity to listen to God.

When we are successful, there is a greater need for prayer. There should be a realisation that to maintain any level of success, more prayer is required. Success can also lead to self-dependence if care is not taken. We should learn to give glory to God at all times especially in prayer.

Jesus prayed for strength to fulfil his mandate. He prayed for His disciples, He prayed for saints all over. We must learn to do the same too. We must pray for our leaders and neighbours. There are crisis flash points all over the world that need our prayers. Children are victims of war, they need our prayers.

Prayer

Help me to find time to rest and pray. Help me to switch off from all the things that compete for my time and put prayer first. I certainly need direction so that I do not lose my way. Help me to create a place where I will be comfortable to pray. I receive all the grace that I need in Jesus name. Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment