A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Jeremiah 3: 19 - My Father


Photo credit: bibleencyclopedia.com  

Exposition

Then I said, 'How I would set you among my sons and give you a pleasant land, the most beautiful inheritance of the nations!' And I said, 'You shall call me, my Father, and not turn away from following me – It is a privilege to be numbered among the sons and daughters of God. The membership of this family comes with responsibilities for both the Father and the children. The Father requires trust and obedience from His children and the children receive all that they require for life and godliness.

The preceding verses teach that despite the backsliding ways of the Israelites, God said He was married to them anyhow. That same love that caused Him to send His only begotten Son is available to you. You have been adopted into the family and you have been made a joint heir with Christ.

Just as God was telling the Israelites, do not go back to your idol worshipping ways, start relating to me as your Father, this is relevant to us today. Let God be Father indeed, focus on Him alone, do not go back old ways and we shall accrue the benefits here on earth and certainly in heaven too.

Prayer

Thank you once again for reminding me of the benefits of being a part of your family. Thank you for daily loading me with benefits. Thank you most importantly for the things that you do that I am not aware of. Let my character draw people into your family. Help me daily so I do not fall to the temptations that daily besiege me in Jesus name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment