A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Sunday, August 6, 2017

1 Peter 1:17 - Impartial Father and Judge


Photo credit: images.knowing-jesus.com

Exposition

Many people operate under the premise that a Father cannot be an impartial Judge. The belief here is that a Father’s love will make it impossible to punish extremely a child who does wrong. Unfortunately, that is not so with the Almighty God.
Apostle Peter in this verse tells us that God is both Father and Judge to His children. His fatherhood is not in doubt for He says in 2 Corinthians 6:18 that I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me says the Lord Almighty. There is no doubt that children of God receive special care, love and attention from God. At the same time, He is a God of perfect equity for He is not a respecter of persons.

My friend, paraphrasing Luke 12:48 which says to whom much is given, much is desired. That is why our conduct while here on earth is very important. The man who has a special relationship with God must not become complacent. He must always remember that God is a Judge of both the believer and the unbeliever. Please note that the judgment of the believer is not in relation to entrance into heaven but his place in heaven. Revelations 22:12 says behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (The totality of our work but works).

The child of God is called to live in fear of God. The “fear” is not a shrinking away or dread of God. It is a reverential fear and awe of God. An unnamed writer said that he who fears God fears to sin more than anything else, and fears God so much that he fears nothing besides. Simply put, fear of God equals fear of sin.  You can make the decision today to allow the fear of God to rule you, day to day.

Prayer

I thank you for allowing me to call you, Father. I ask that you’ll help me to throw away every presumptuous self-confidence that will not allow me to depend on you while I am here on earth. Help me Lord so my conduct will be worthy of one who is known as your child.
Give me a heart that will fear to sin. Help me, Father, to abstain from every form of evil in Jesus name. Amen

Bible Reading Plan in 26 weeks (Be part of the Bible Reading Program)
Day 29

Genesis 37-38
Judges 5
Job 29
Proverbs 29
Jeremiah 29
Mark 1
1 Corinthians 1

Revelation 17


No comments:

Post a Comment