A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, August 31, 2017

1 Corinthians 9: 24 - There is a Race, Run



Photo credit: www.knowing-jesus.com

Apostle Paul, the writer of this book uses the example of athletes competing against one another to explain his point. Athletes compete to win the prize on offer which could be medals, trophies, championships and in the case of professional sports, money.

Exposition
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it – In the case of a Christian, you are encouraged to view life as a race in which there is a prize.

Running is exercising faith in Jesus Christ. It is increasing in the knowledge of Christ. It is going to Him at all times for strength to overcome the challenges of life.

For athletes, there is a winner and a loser. In the Christian race, there are no losers as there is a prize for all who run the race. We are not competing against one another, rather we are meant to help one another to run the race.

In the Christian race, what is the prize? It is not salvation or eternal life because that is a free gift that you do not work for. Jesus Christ has paid the price and it is settled. The prize is approval from God. Matthew 25: 21 shows us that the Lord will say to the servant – well done good and faithful servant. God introduced Jesus in Matthew 3:17 saying – this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased. You and I should be running for such a great testimonial.

Finally, the charge is for you to run, know that you are in a race, do not allow the enemy to change your focus. The enemy is constantly looking for those who do not know their place in Jesus Christ by placing hurdles and pits along their race track. May we all overcome and run our races with distinction in Jesus name.

Prayer
Help me, Lord, to run the race in front of me. Help me, Lord, to focus on my race and my race alone. Help me Lord so I do not run another man’s race. Help me, father, to finish my race. Help me so I do not give up in the midst of my race. Help me, father, to complete my race.
At the end of my race, I will obtain my prize in Jesus name. Thank you for your abundant grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment